FACULTY OF HEALTH SCIENCES
DEPARTMENT OF NURSING
PRACTICE (PRACTICE) INSTRUCTION
Clause 1: The purpose of this guideline is to regulate the principles and methods about planning, implementation and evaluation of practice which is performed by students of Gazi University, Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Nursing.
Clause 2: This instruction covers the principles and methods of the basic rules on practice at the undergraduate level in the Gazi University Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Nursing.
Clause 3: Gazi University Faculty of Health Sciences Department of Nursing students perform their practice in accordance with the provisions of this instruction.
Clause 4: Practice of Department of Nursing consists of the practice of Nursing Courses Practice, Fundamentals of Nursing, Internal Medicine Nursing, Surgical Nursing, Labor, Women's Health and Diseases Nursing, Child Health and Diseases Nursing, Mental Health Nursing, Public Health Nursing, Management in Nursing, Education in Nursing lessons.
Clause 5: This guideline is based on Gazi University Undergraduate Education and Examination Regulations which is published in the Official Gazette No. 25995 dated 16.11.2005.
Clause 6: Students are required to complete theoretical and clinical / field studies successfully in order to graduate.
Clause 7: Students are required to take the Fundamentals of Nursing, Internal Medicine Nursing, Surgical Nursing, Labor, Women's Health and Diseases Nursing, Child Health and Diseases Nursing and to be successful. "HEM 403 coded Nursing Courses Practice" begins the second half of August of each year according to the academic calendar and practice start date announced to the students by Gazi University Faculty of Health Sciences, Department of Nursing.
Administration of Practice
Clause 8: Provisions relating to clinical / field application are listed below.
- Students must adhere to the practice program and do their duties on time and complete.
- Students must practice to the designated location and hours.
- Students shall not be carried out of the overtime period of the practice. Students are not allowed to change and work outside of the training area the without the approval of the instructor.
- Students are required to wear uniforms designated by the nursing department in the clinical laboratory and field practices provided that, subject to the provisions prescribed dress for civil servants.
- Students are obliged to obey the legislation in the practice period and the discipline rules. Higher Education Institutions Student Disciplinary Regulations are applied for for those who fail in this obligation.
- Problems faced by students during practice are reported to the clinical instructor who is responsible for the course primarily and the clinic charge nurse and if not resolved or necessary. Problems and difficulties encountered during working hours are resolved in consultation and cooperation with the responsible instructor, clinic charge nurse and / or Department of Nursing. Students do not solve this problem with other professional groups working in the hospital or institution.
PLACES OF PRACTICE
Clause 9: Gazi University Health Application and Research Center and / or hospitals, family health / community health centers, schools, workplaces and elderly care centers, etc. other organizations which are deemed appropriate by the instructor.
CONTINUITY OF PRACTICE, EXCUSE & DAY OFF
Clause 10: Students must attend 80% of practice. Students who do not participate in more than 20 % of the practice are considered absent and unsuccessful. Days that are on leave do not count practice. Students are considered failed if students’ doctor report days for the day off exceed 20 %of practice period.
Clause 11: Students’ practice notes are given by responsible instructor and/or clinic charge nurse. Clinical evaluation form is used for the evaluation of the practice. Clinical evaluation forms are given by the instructor for each course before starting practice. Performance assessment, case discussion, care plan, implementation reports and homework are used for the assessment of students.
Practice grade constitutes the entire success of the notes for the vocational course and 50% of the grade in other courses within the period.
Clause 12: Each student has the professional development files. This file contains the evaluation forms, including intellectual and psychomotor skills etermined by the nursing department. Professional development file is given to students by the head of the nursing department from the first practice. During the practice the students are responsible for the file. Each practice which students perform are signed by the instructor/clinical nurse.
Clause 13: This instruction can regenerate if Gazi University Undergraduate Education and Examination Regulations change.
Clause 14: The provisions of Gazi University Undergraduate Education and Examination Regulations are applied for cases not listed on the application of this instruction.
Clause 15: The provisions of this instruction is conducted by Gazi University Faculty of Health Sciences, Head of Nursing Department.
Clause 16: This guideline enters into force from the date of Senate of Gazi University approved.